28.10.10

When planets collide

[5x2. Película que no he visto.
Pero la foto me hace pensar en la escena entre Zimmer (¡no puede ser casual!) y Alma]

-The birthmark was the test of their humanity. It measured the worth of their souls, and if I worked [y aquí en el cambio de página, mi voz interior queda en suspenso. "And if I worked..." pausa. Y a la vuelta mis ojos encuentran el comienzo de línea] hard at it, I could see straight into them and know who they were. By the time I was sixteen or seventeen, I had the perfect pitch of a tuning fork. That doesn't mean I haven't made mistakes about people, but most of the time I've known better. I just haven't been able to stop myself.
-Like last night.
-No, not like last night. That wasn't a mistake.
-We nearly killed each other.
-It had to be that way. When you run out of time, everything gets speeded up. We couldn't afford the luxury of formal introductions, handshakes, discreet conversation over drinks. It had to be violent. Like two planets colliding at the edge of space.
-Don't tell me you weren't scared.
-I was scared to death. But I didn't go into this blind, you know. I had to be ready for anything.
-They told you I was crazy, didn't they?
-No one ever used that word. The strongest thing anyone said was nervous breakdown.
-What did your tuning fork tell you when you got there?
-You already know the answer to that.
-You were spooked, weren't you? I spooked the hell out of you.
-It was more than that. I was afraid, but at the same time I was excited, almost trembling with happiness. I looked at you, and for a couple of moments it was almost like looking at myself. That's never happened to me before.
-You liked it.
-I loved it. I was so lost, I thought I was going to fall to pieces.
-And now you trust me.
-You're not going to let me down. And I'm not going to let you down. We both know that.
-What else do we know?
-Nothing. That's why we're sitting together in this car now. Because we're the same, and because we don't know a damn thing other than that.

[Paul AUSTER 2003 The Book of Illusions. London: Faber and Faber. Pg. 121]

No hay comentarios: