6.4.13

Better to reign in Hell


["You are afraid to be alive, and you are afraid to live. You're an hypocrite, you're a conformist, you are a liar. I opened up to you and you judged me, fuck you!" [Silver Lining Playbook (2012)]]
 
Hadst thou the same free will and power to stand?
Though hadst: whom hast though then or what to accuse,
But Heaven's free love dealt equally to all?
Be then his love accursed, since love or hate,
To me alike, it deals eternal woe.
Nay cursed be thou; since against his thy will
Chose freely what it now so justly rues.
Me miserable! Which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is hell; myself am Hell;
And in the lowest deep a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.
 
[John Milton, Paradise Lost, Book IV, lines 66-78]

No hay comentarios: